All clergy and parish, school and diocesan employees, as well as all volunteers who have either regular or unsupervised interaction with minors and vulnerable adults must complete the Essential 3 requirements:
- Background Check Form –The background check is run by an archdiocese-approved agency and provides a criminal history. This is an important step to screen out individuals who might present a danger to children and youth.
- Contact us with questions or directions on completing the required background check forms.
- VIRTUS: Protecting God’s Children for Adults Awareness Session Attendance – VIRTUS live training is a three hour awareness session which better equips adults to protect children and youth in the world around them. VIRTUS sessions are offered throughout year and at various locations across the archdiocese.
- Code of Conduct – A person must acknowledge that he or she understands and agrees to the principles and standards outlined in the code of conduct appropriate to his or her ministry. Please contact the parish or school where you will be employed or volunteering to read, sign and receive training on the appropriate Code of Conduct for you.
- (Required ONLY if driving others as part of the event) If a particular event requires/asks volunteers to drive others, that volunteer driver is required to complete (essential three), driver online training video, proof of insurance form, and submit a current copy of valid driver's license (both sides). These instructions are here
For information regarding requirements for adults who volunteer with vulnerable adults, please see Protecting Vulnerable Adults.
For information regarding requirements for minor youth who volunteer with children, other youth or vulnerable adults, please see the Minor Volunteer OPCY Guidelines.
Required (except for driver information) for Adult Volunteers
Required for Youth Volunteers (From Column 2)