The Vision >
Many seniors today are living in community, either independently or with assisted living. Though some have family living close by, many experience loneliness and have few visitors. Receiving a greeting card and knowing that someone is thinking of them and praying for them can be a positive reminder of God’s love.
The Inspiration >
Beginning in March, 2020, God called me to use my gifts to serve the seniors in our community. It became my mission to create cards for the seniors living at Highview Hills in Lakeville and deliver them on a regular basis. Using my own crafting supplies, I pray for the seniors as I create the cards. I use a variety of rubber stamps, inks, patterned papers, cardstock, and sometimes stickers in making cards. Often the cards match seasonal events throughout the year. The cards are stamped with positive thoughts and messages. They are personally signed from All Saints Catholic Church and delivered monthly to all of the residents.
In memory of my mother, Senior Smiles was created. The goal is to share God’s love through positive note cards. I hope you will join in connecting with even more of our seniors in the community.
- Card Size: Minimum: 4.25 x 5.5 inches Maximum: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- Paper: White or colored cardstock
- Front of Card: images can be floral, cute, geometric, seasonal, etc., Greetings such as “Thinking of You,” or “Hello,”
- Embellishments: Not recommended
- Inside of Card: These are NOT birthday or get well cards. Messages should be general in nature and express a positive message. See examples below.
- Thinking of you.
- Sending love your way.
- Sending happy thoughts your way.
- Sending you joy today.
- A friend is thinking of you.
- Have a wonderful day/week.
- You are beautifully and wonderfully made.
- God bless you today and always.
- Wishing you all the best.
- Enjoy this beautiful day/season.
Signed cards can be brought to All Saints Church and placed in the Senior Smiles Card Box located at/near the Welcome Desk. They will be delivered to seniors in the area.
Donating supplies is just another way to support this ministry - Read more >
Donations of the following are appreciated. Most are available at local craft stores.
Smooth white or colored cardstock, 80-110 lb.only
Colored ink pads: Memento, Archival, Hero Arts, Stampin Up, Gina K
Double-sided tape runners
Tombow Aqua Mono-liquid Glue
Envelopes: A2 (4.38 x 5.75) and A7 (5.25 x 7.25)
Please contact Senior Smiles if you have rubber stamps or other items to donate.