Mass & Reconciliation
Saturday at 5:00pm
Monday-Friday at 7:30am
Tuesday at 7:30am & 6:30pm
Saturday at 8:00am
Saturdays from 8:30-9:30am and 3:30-4:30pm.
THE SACRAMENT OF PENANCE AND RECONCILIATION
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available in the the confessional in St. Mary's Chapel on Saturdays from 8:30-9:30am and 3:30-4:30pm. During Advent and Lent, a Day of Reconciliation is offered with a number of priests available to hear private confessions in the Church. Fr. Wilson and Fr. Mike are also available to hear confession by private appointment call the parish office at 952-469-4481.
Other names for this Sacrament
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is often referred to as the:
- Sacrament of Penance since it calls the sinner personally to repentance.
- Sacrament of Confession since in confessing our sins we acknowledge the need for God and we praise His loving mercy.
- Sacrament of Forgiveness since absolution grants us pardon and peace.
- Sacrament of Conversion because it has the capacity to change our hearts.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation because it imparts to each of us the love of God who heals and reconciles us to God himself, to the Church, and to our loved ones. Regardless of the name, the purpose is the same, to receive the grace of God’s mercy by the acknowledgement of our sinfulness, and the desire to reconcile ourselves to God and the Church through prayer and action.