To prayerfully construct chain rosaries for All Saints First Communicants, Confirmation students, RCIA candidates and Mission cord rosaries for various Catholic missions. We teach the craft of making rosaries: chain, mission, fully-corded or all three.
At least once a month we provide an opportunity for rosary makers to meet at All Saints, usually in the Teacher's Lounge on a Tuesday evening 5:00- 8:00. Meeting times are posted in the bulletin. The purpose of meeting is for fellowship, sharing techniques and coordinating efforts to meet objectives.
We provide tools, rosary parts and training. We ask that those interested in learning to make chain rosaries prayerfully consider the time commitment, challenges of quality construction, devotion to supporting Our Blessed Mother and blessings inevitably derived from this calling. Cord rosaries, do not involve as much time commitment, however quality is expected and blessings are many.
We are funded by the Knights of Columbus the Catholic United Financial Society, through the Knights of Columbus Auxiliary. However, if anyone would like to contribute to the funding, any donations would be gratefully accepted. (Make payable to All Saints.)
This past year we made:
- 134 chain rosaries for First Communion students
- 128 chain rosaries for Confirmation students
- 20 chain rosaries for RCIA candidates
- 1250 cord rosaries that went to various missions around the world.
We have made and sent:
- 350 mission rosaries along with the group that went to Dominica, in the West Indies
- 150 mission rosaries along with students that went on the Mexico NPH Mission trip
- 50 mission rosaries went to Indian Missions in South Dakota
- 250 mission rosaries sent to Sr. Visitacion in Iloilo City Philippines
- 500 mission rosaries sent to Sr. M. Judith in Cebu, Philippines
- 150 mission rosaries went to Sierra Leona, West Africa.