What is it?
Little Flowers Girls’ Club® is a Catholic club for girls ages 5 and up that teaches virtues through Scripture, Saints’ biographies and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Based on the 1906 Catholic classic “The Catholic Girls’ Guide” by Fr. F.X. Lasance, and the spirituality of St. Thérése, the Little Flower of Lisieux, this beautiful, authentically Catholic program, has delighted and instilled in our girls a love of our Catholic Faith for over 25 years.
Little Flowers Girls’ Club® program at All Saints consists of three years of study: Wreaths I, II, and III. Each Wreath of study consists of nine virtues each. Meetings are held once a month during the school year, September through May.
Like a scouting program, girls earn badges for the virtues they have practiced, life skills they have learned. But unlike most scouting organizations, the girls learn and earn their badges through a distinctly Catholic lens. This Catholic-to-the-Core program relies on the lives of the Saints, Sacred Scripture, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Sashes, aprons, bandanas, t-shirts and other items are extras that add to the experience, but are optional for participants.
When is it?
Little Flowers for Elementary aged girls:
- 9 Fridays, once a month, Sep-May, 2:30pm - 4:15pm OR 5:00pm - 6:15pm
Fleur-de-lis for Middle School aged girls:
- Dates and times for Fleur-de-lis are TBD based on member availability
How is it structured?
Typically meetings are structured as follows:
2:30pm - 4:15pm Meeting
2:30–2:50: snack and social
2:50-3:00: opening prayer and overview
3:00-4:00: program time (large group splits into small groups and rotate through multiple “stations”)
4:00-4:15: clean-up, wrap-up, and possibly large group activity/review
5:00pm - 6:15pm Meeting
5:00-5:10: gather, open in prayer and give overview
5:10-6:10: program time (large group splits into small groups and rotate through multiple “stations”)
6:10-6:15: clean-up, wrap up
- Social time
- Program time
- Help plan and give input for Little Flowers meeting
- Receive assignments for assisting with Little Flowers
Cost $30/student, which includes:
- member guidebook
- all project supplies for the year
- Families participating in the 2:30pm group will be asked to sign up to bring a snack for the group once during the year.
- Badges/patches, sash, music CD, buttons, medal project awards, etc. are optional. A group order will be coordinated at the beginning of the school year for those who would like to purchase some of these additional items.
Little Flowers Girls’ Club® at All Saints!
Join us this fall!
Register in the Parish Office or you can register here.
Want to know more?
Contact Sara Macklin at 612-849-7272 or [email protected]
|November 11||Love of God|
|December 9||Love of Neighbor|