Make Our Ears to Hear, Make Our Mouths to Speak…
The Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis Discipleship Maker Index (DMI)
In February, as part of the Archdiocesan Synod process, All Saints is asking people to complete the DMI Survey, a 75-question survey instrument will give our All Saints community the opportunity to reflect on key areas for individual spiritual growth and for engagement within the Parish.
This effort will support All Saints by providing a current snapshot of our worshiping community, that we can leverage to further our mission at All Saints of leading people to Christ.
Thank you for your participation.
A Synod is a formal representative assembly designed to help a bishop in his shepherding of the local Church. The purpose is to discern and establish clear pastoral priorities in a way that will both promote greater unity and lead us to a more vigorous proclamation of Jesus’ good news.
Participants will gather together to pray, discuss, and give feedback on what is working well now in their parish and this Archdiocese, and what are the challenges and opportunities as we move forward together. Everyone is invited to attend an event. All participants are encouraged to give written feedback that will be read and considered. Archbishop Bernard Hebda is scheduled to attend all events to pray and to participate in the listening process.
Why should I go?
You know what’s working and what needs work in your parish and this Archdiocese.
This is your opportunity to help shape the future of our local Church.
Where and when?
There are 20 Prayer and Listening Event options throughout the Archdiocese – choose one that works for you!
What do I do?
Just show up. All are welcome! The Church needs your voice. See you there!
What is the purpose?
- “A Synod is a formal representative assembly designed to help a bishop in his shepherding of the local Church.” (*)
- The purpose is “to discern and establish clear pastoral priorities in a way that will both promote greater unity and lead us to a more vigorous proclamation of Jesus’ good news.”
What is a Listening Church?
- The pre-Synod process has been designed to engage in a ”sincere and respectful ‘mutual listening’ in which everyone has something to learn.”
- “Moreover, it is not just listening to one another but to the Holy Spirit, the ‘Spirit of Truth’ (Jn 14:17), to know what the Spirit is ‘saying to the Churches’ (Rev. 2:7).”
How can I participate in the Synod?
- Please pray for the Synod and our Archdiocese!
— Pray the pre-Synod year prayer and the monthly prayer intention.
— Offer a monthly holy hour or a Rosary.
— Pray with the Synod prayer journal.
- Year 1 (2019-2020): Attend one of the 20 Prayer and Listening Events and give your feedback. See dates, times and locations at org/synod.
- Year 2 (Fall 2020): Join a parish small group.
What is the Synod Process?
Year 1 (2019-2020): Prayer and Listening Events
- 20 events throughout the Archdiocese that are open to all. Choose one that works for your schedule; invite others! Find the full listing at org/synod.
- 11 additional events for focus groups such as youth, elderly, priests, religious, and Catholic school principals.
- Purpose: To identify an initial set of focus areas to discuss during Year 2.
Year 2 (2020-2021):
- Parish Consultation Process: Fall 2020
Small groups meet in parishes across the Archdiocese to pray, study, and discuss the focus areas arising during Year 1. Parishes provide feedback which will inform the Synod topics to be discussed in the Deanery Consultation Process.
- Deanery Consultation Process: January and February, 2021
Pastors and an estimated 10 parish representatives gather at the Deanery (regional) level to pray, study and discuss the proposed Synod topics. Deaneries provide feedback for the Archdiocesan Synod Assembly.
- Archdiocesan Synod Assembly: Pentecost weekend, May 2021
Approximately 500 invited delegates (including two from each parish) from across the Archdiocese gather together to pray, study, and discuss the Synod topics and vote on pastoral priorities to recommend to Archbishop Hebda.
- Pastoral Letter: November 2021, Feast of Christ the King
Considering the Synod results, Archbishop Hebda writes a pastoral letter intended to lead to an Archdiocesan pastoral plan to move our Archdiocese into the future.
Come Holy Spirit
Make our ears to hear
Make our eyes to see
Make our mouths to speak
Make our hearts to seek
Make our hands to reach out
And touch the world with your love.
Mary, Mother of the Church,
Pray for us.
Prayer & Listening Events closest to Lakeville:
Thurs, Feb 27
Our Lady of Grace, Edina
Sat, Feb 29
9:00 am - Noon
St. Pius V, Cannon Falls
CLICK HERE to see dates & times of all Prayer & Listening Events.
Synod Universal Prayer Intercessions