Calling Men to be Protectors, Providers and Leaders of our Parishes and Families
The mission of the Catholic Watchmen is to respond to Bishop Cozzen’s call to Catholic men to live up to their duty to be protectors, providers and leaders of their families. To accomplish this task, Catholic Watchmen learn and practice 7 Disciplines. Each Catholic Watchmen Night runs from 6:45-8:30pm.
If you aren’t already on the CW email list, send an email CW@allsaintschurch.com including your name and phone number and we’ll get you the information.
To learn more about this initiative go to www.thecatholicwatchmen.com.
Calling men to be protectors, providers and leaders
According to organizers, “The Catholic Watchmen are Catholic priests, deacons and laymen who have made a real commitment to know Jesus by practicing the faith, to become spiritual leaders and vigilant protectors of their families and to be the vanguard of a new evangelization of men in their parishes. Catholic Watchmen take a vow to strive to live the heroic life of a real Catholic man by practicing the faith.”
Its leaders are encouraging Catholic men to commit to the following seven regular faith practices:
1. Personal prayer and leading the family in prayer
2. Examine conscience at the day’s end
3. Encounter Christ in sacred Scripture
4. Faithfully attend Sunday Mass
5. Look for opportunities to serve and be a witness both in family and community
6. Go to confession
7. Actively build Catholic fraternity and evangelize men through monthly parish gatherings