This parish ministry is for any and all who are grieving the loss of a loved one, no matter how recent or how long ago. Please consider this invitation for yourself or extend this invitation to another who is suffering loss. All are welcome.
Parish grief support gatherings are on the second Saturday of the month beginning with Mass at 8:00 am (the regular Saturday morning Mass). Immediately following Mass, grief support fellowship will take place in the Teachers’ Lounge, concluding at about 9:30 am. See the link above for a schedule of dates.
All Saints Pastoral Care Office maintains a listing of local counseling clinics / therapists which have been found to be good resources by others who have sought their services in the areas of individual, marriage/couple and family counseling. They come well recommended as of our most recent information. This would include a balanced and respectful approach to the faith life of clients.
Monthly Educational Speakers
The Depression Support Coalition has developed a program of monthly informational talks by leading healthcare professionals and clergy educated and experienced about depression and related diseases.Weekly Support Groups
The program also offers weekly discussion & support group meetings at some Coalition church locations — designed to provide a network of Christian based support for those affected by depression, as well as their family members.
All persons are welcome to attend, regardless of religious affiliation.
Detailed information about upcoming speakers and the weekly support groups can be found at the Coalition's website.
If you, or someone you care about, might benefit from more information, please contact Deacon Jim Marschall at 952-985-9983 or email@example.com.
Growing Through Loss is sponsored by the Interdenominational Coalition of South Suburban Churches (14 “south of the river” churches, including All Saints). This four to five week series takes place twice a year: once in the fall and once in the spring. It is for adults who have experienced a loss or crisis, and / or who wish to learn more about the grief process.
Each session is complete in itself and offers a presentation followed by small group support facilitated by trained leaders. You are welcome to attend one or all. There is no cost, but free will offerings are gratefully accepted.
Details can be found on the Growing Through Loss homepage.
Addiction and Recovery
Follow this link to information about support and resources in the local community.
Other Community Resources for Grief & Loss:
• A Military Family Support Group for family and friends of military personnel on active duty meets on the second and fourth Monday evenings of each month at Mary, Mother of the Church in Burnsville (952-890-0045).
• A Suicide Support Group for those who are surviving the loss of a loved one who died by suicide meets on the second Tuesday of each month at Mary, Mother of the Church in Burnsville (952-890-0045).
• Prince of Peace Grief Support at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Burnsville is an ongoing support ministry offering information along with emotional and spiritual support.
• Rainbows provides support to children who are experiencing grief and loss in their lives. It consists of two 7-week sessions through the fall and winter. St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Hastings sponsors a Rainbows program.
• Partners Around Loss through Support (P.A.L.S.) is a twelve session grief support program for children, youth and their caregivers in families experiencing loss and transition. There is no cost to participate. P.A.L.S. is hosted by Saint John Neumann Catholic Church in Eagan (651-454-2079) at Faithful Shepherd Catholic School and is open to any child regardless of religious affiliation.
The information on this page is taken from print and online material of the given program or organization. Not all resources will be right for everyone. You need to check it out and determine for yourself if it meets your need. All Saints and its staff do not necessarily endorse any particular resource. We give referral in order to help you find what will serve you. Please let us know if you find that any of this information to be inaccurate so we can update our files.